May 13, 2022
|08:35||Peter Gaumond, Senior Policy Analyst, White House Office of National Drug Control Policy|
|08:40||Mark Sanders LCSW, CADC, CEO of On The Mark Consulting and Founder of the Museum of African American Addictions Treatment and Recovery|
|08:55||Corrie Vilsaint, PhD, Principle Investigator, Recovery Research Institute, Harvard Medical School:
|09:15||Anita Bradley, MSW, LSW, LICDC-CS, CEO and founder, Northern Ohio Recovery Association. "Reversing Stigma as a Mechanism to Activate Communities Around Best Practices"
|09:35||Tony Sanchez, Director of Partnerships, Faces and Voices of Recovery: "Needs of Recovery Community Organizations Overview of Opioid Epidemic in the Black Community"|
|09:55||Michael E. Johnson, LMSW, CPRC, CPRM, Detroit Recovery Project, INC: "Recovery with Dignity"
|10:15||LeRoy Brown: "Eradicating Stigma In Black Communities through Innovative Strategies to Create Best Practices"|
|10:35||10 Minute Break|
|11:30||30 Minute Break|
|12:00||Jerome Adams, MD; Former U.S. Surgeon General, Purdue Presidential Fellow and Executive Director of Health Equity Initiatives|
|12:05||H. Westley Clark, MD, JD, MPH; Dean’s Executive Professor of Public Health at Santa Clara University in Santa Clara, California
|12:10||Will Aklin, PhD, Health Scientist Administrator/ Director Behavioral Treatment Program, NIH/NIDA
Innovative Ways to
● Reverse Stigma in the Black Community
● Create Best Practices to Address Opioid Use Disorder in the Black Community
● Willie Pearl Evans, MAPL
● Allegra Comas, ACSW, MA, Friendly Housing Los Angeles
● LeRoy Brown, Twin Cities Recovery Project, INC.
● Nate Hurse, MSW, MBA, LICSW, LADC, Vice President of Minnesota Certification Board and Vice President of the National Acupuncture Detoxification Association (NADA)
Breakout 1: Stigma and Intervention including Intersectionality/Sexuality
- Facilitated by Allegra Comas, ACSW, MA; Friendly House
Breakout 2: Mental Health
- Facilitated by Aja King, EdD, LPCC; Brave Defiance Consulting, LLC
Breakout 3: Recovery Support Services
- Facilitated by Gregory Kemp, CPRS-R; Twin Cities Recovery Project, INC.
Breakout 4: Youth
- Facilitated by Christopher Burks, CPRS; Twin Cities Recovery Project, INC.
Breakout 5: Medicated Assisted Recovery
- Facilitated by Abu As-Sidiq, CPRS; Twin Cities Recovery Project, INC.
Breakout leaders discuss one or two concrete recommendations for action
|02:35||Dora Dantzler-Wright, BS, CADC, NCRS, CPRS, RCT; Chicago Recovering Communities Coalition:|
|02:55||Bobbie Bledsoe, BSW, CPSS; Greater Louisville Recovery Project: "Black, Pregnant, Substance Abuse and Unheard: Breaking the Silence and Removing Treatment Barriers to Heal Future Generations"
|03:15||Rev. Jan Brown, MSC, RCP, CPRS; SpiritWorks Foundation Center for the Soul:
|03:35||Phil Rutherford, COO, Faces and Voices of Recovery
|03:45||LaTricia Tate, Program Director, Twin Cities Recovery Project, INC.